Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Launching the Hands-on Technology Operations Manager Blog

Thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Carlos Rodriguez and I am very excited about my new blog. I will be blogging about topics such life of a hands-on Technology Managers, various technical subjects that I deal with in day-to-day operations of the network that I oversee, projects that I am working on with my team, and sometimes personal topics as well.

Who am I?

I’d like to tell you a little bit about me. I am originally from Venezuela and moved to The US in 1999. I have been married to my incredible wife Johanna for 11 years now and live in Columbia, SC where we settled since we moved in. We have two children.

My Experience

My career in the technology world began in 1997 in Venezuela while I was still attending school.  I obtained my BS in Computer Science degree there in 1998. I started as a Field Technician and then went on to do some Computer and Networking Sales and Consulting on my own. I then moved to The US in 1999 where I have worked in technology in industries such as Call Centers, Consulting and Legal. Throughout my career I have work as Hardware Technician, Data Processor, Systems Administrator, Help Desk Technician, and Supervisor, Network, Voice and Security Engineer. Today I work for Nexsen Pruet, LLC Law Firm, where I started as a Systems and Voice Administrator and now oversee the Network Operation of a mult-isite organization running on MPLS as the Network Manager, where I am responsible for the team that oversees the day-to-day operations in the areas of WAN, LAN, Voice, Data Center Infrastructure and Network Security, while assisting in areas of Mobility, Citrix, Servers and Virtualization.

Beyond Technology

I constantly seek personal and professional development through reading, and training. My core technology areas are Networking, Voice, Information and Network Security, and Server Operations; which has led me to seek and achieve certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCVP, MCSA and Security+. In addition, I will be pursuing other certifications related more to Technology Management such as Project Management Professional, and ITIL. I am very passionate about constant improvement. I believe that my mind is the best tool at my disposal and that I can create my own future through, therefore, I train it just as I train my body and my technical skills.

Leadership: My Passion

In addition, I serve as a volunteer in several organizations, including The International Legal Technology Association, ILTA, The Carolinas Cisco Users Group, CCUG and The Information Technology Council of the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce, ITC. I am a contributor in those organizations in areas of Leadership, Authoring having had a few articles published, and as a Speaker.

My goal with this blog is to share my experiences managing a team and network in a medium size environment, as well as creating a forum where we can discuss ideas and share practical examples so that those of us in similar environments can learn from each other and apply them in our environment when possible. I truly believe that I am not alone, and most importantly, that we can no longer isolate ourselves from those that share the same challenges. Collaboration is one of the keys to succeed in what we do. In addition, you will see a lot of posts related to the Technology Operations within the Legal Industry, which is my the vertical I work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment